Saturday, August 19, 2006

OOTJ, the Limerick












Limerick of Semiregretted Good Times


There once was a library blogger,
A semi-retired pettifogger,
Who loved all the days
Of summery haze,
A vacation-day-offity hogger.

Through a slip of her scheduing pen
She managed not to be in
For greeting 1-Ls;
She's off somewhere else
And not where she so should have been.



OOOPS!
This limerick is inspired by my major goof-up last week. Our school had new student reception and "Orientation Day" last Tuesday evening and Wednesday. Those were the days I had arranged to rent a car and take off with my family to Old Sturbridge Village here in Massachusetts. I had a great time! Almost good enough to offset the massive guilt trip I suffered when I returned and saw what I had done. Can you say, "Freudian Slip?"

I got to work with a blacksmith to make an iron hook. Talk about empowering! I feel like taking a hammer to the world now.

The image here shows Old Sturbridge Village re-enactors in constume preparing food. The picture is from Yankee Magazine website at link.

You can find out more about Old Sturbridge Village itself at www.osv.org, their great website click here.

No comments: